Frequently Asked Questions
What does the mobile banking app do?
Our mobile app converges mobile banking and mobile personal financial management (PFM) into one simplified app. Our goal is to provide decision support so you can understand your money flow simply and without clutter by allowing you to aggregate all of the accounts you see in Internet banking. We also give you the benefit of adding accounts from external institutions so you can quickly and easily view all your money through one app.
How do I sign up to use mobile banking?
To be eligible, you must be enrolled as a Internet banking user at our institution. Once you download the app from the app store, you’ll be able to launch the app, setup your account and begin usage.
What type of phone do I need?
We support devices with iOS 5.0 or above (Apple iPhone) and Android 2.1 or above.
How difficult is initial setup?
Mobile setup is easy. After successfully downloading the app, touch the app icon to get started. Next, follow the on-screen guide by logging in with your Internet Banking credentials. These are the same credentials you use when logging in to Internet Banking on our website. For additional security, you will also be asked to create a four digit passcode. The passcode will be required each time you launch the app.
How much does this app cost?
There is no charge for using the app.
How do I login to mobile banking?
After successfully downloading the app from the app store, launch the app. Next, you will be guided through the initial setup process. At the login screen, use your same Internet banking username and password that you use on our website. You may also be presented with one of your challenge questions. If you cannot remember your Internet banking credentials, or the answer to your challenge question, please contact us at 618 -299-4411 and we will guide you through the process.
How do I update the app?
Once you’ve downloaded the app, you’ll be automatically notified of new versions when they become available.
Will I be charged for alerts or messages that come through the app?
No. Alerts and messages will be sent to you via Push Notifications which are messages that are sent to users who have opted in to receive them.
What happens if I change my password in Internet Banking?
If you update or change your password in Internet banking you will be asked to re-authenticate your identity within the app. After successful re-authentication, you may continue app usage.
What is your security policy?
We understand that security is critical and that the success of our institution depends on your privacy. We use a variety of methods to ensure that all data is stored securely in our U.S.-based, world-class Tier-3 data centers. We use the same security measures that we use for Internet Banking. All of our services (including facilities, networking equipment and the servers that host our app) are N+1 redundant. Our data retention and business continuity plans are comprehensive and our employees maintain organization security measures designed to keep your data safe.
Will I receive SPAM because I use this app?
No. All data on the app is stored securely and at no time do we share that information with a third party or another financial institution.
What do you do with my personal information?
We will never sell, rent or loan any personal information that you provide to us.
How can I protect others from using the app on my phone?
Upon initial setup, you will be asked to create a four digit passcode. The passcode will be required each time you launch the app and can be changed in the app’s settings.
Who will see my bank information?
You, and only you, will see your bank information. Your information is never shared with a third party or another financial institution.
Is this app safe to use over Wi-Fi?
Yes, the use of our app over Wi-Fi is no different than using it on your phone’s data connection. All data is sent over an encrypted Secure Socket Layer (SSL) connection.
What happens if I lose my phone?
We can remotely wipe the app to ensure your data is cleared from the phone. Please contact us at 618-299-4411 if your phone is lost or stolen and you would like to initiate a remote wipe.
Can my friend use my phone and check my balance in the app?
Upon initial setup of the app you will be asked to choose a four digit passcode. This passcode prevents others from being able to launch the app and see your personal banking information.
Who should I contact if I have a question about the app?
Please contact customer service at 618-299-4411 and we’ll be happy to assist with any questions you have. You can also find our contact information on the Contact & Locations tab of the app.
- After downloading the app, launch the app from your mobile device by touching the app icon.
- On the welcome screen, click "Get Started".
- Read through the entire End User Agreement by scrolling to the bottom and touch "I Agree".
- Click "Yes" to confirm you agree.
- On the Account Setup screen, enter the same username and password you use to access your accounts in Online Banking.
- After entering your username and password you'll be asked to enter an email address you would like to associate with your accounts. We will not email the address you provide. However, the email address could be used for security purposes when authenticating your identity.
- Fill in your email address and touch "Done".
- You may be asked one of your challenge questions in order to confirm your identity. These are the same challenge questions we use to authenticate your identity for Online Banking.
- Answer the challenge question and touch "Done".
- The last step before using the app is to setup your passcode. The passcode is a four digit code that you will use when accessing the app.
- Choose your passcode by entering four digits. Re-enter the same four digits to confirm the passcode.
- When you see the dashboard of the app, you have finished account setup. Your accounts from Online Banking will begin to synchronize and your balances will be updated shortly. The app will also attempt to find recurring bills and add them to the list of bills on the dashboard. This may take a moment.
- Congratulations, you are ready to use the app.
- To perform an account-to-account transfer, touch the "More" tab.
- Touch Account-to-Account Transfers.
- On the Transfers screen, touch the "From" button to choose which account you would like to transfer out of.
- Select the account and touch "Done".
- During the Account-to-Account Transfer process you may be asked one of your challenge questions in order to authenticate your identity. Answer the question and touch "Done".
- Back on the Transfers screen, touch the "To" button to choose which account you want the money to be transferred into.
- Select the account and click "Done".
- Back on the Transfers screen, fill in the amount you would like to transfer.
- Touch "Continue".
- On the Summary screen, review the information and touch "Submit".
To use Mobile Deposit Capture:
- Click the Menu, and click “Deposit Check”.
- Select “Make A Deposit”.
- Select the account you would like to make a deposit into.
- Enter the amount on the check.
- Take a photo of the front and back side of the check, ensuring that all 4 corners of the check are within the viewfinder.
- Once you have each photo, click “Submit”.
Additional Accounts & Account Details
- To add an account from a third-party credit card or external institution, click the "Account" tab.
- Touch the "+" (plus) button.
- Search for the institution by typing in the name of the credit card company or name of the institution.
- Touch the name of the institution once you locate it.
- Fill out the username and password for the account you are adding.
- The app will attempt to add the new account. This may take a moment.
- Once fully synchronized, your new account(s) will be shown on the account screen.
- To view additional account information, touch the name of any account to see an account summary.
- On the Summary screen, click "Edit" to setup an alert for the account you are viewing.
- Slide low funds alerts to "On".
- Fill in the alert amount and touch "Save".
Transactions, Tags, Filters, Search
- To view a complete list of transactions, click the "Transactions" button.
- Scroll through the list to view recent transactions.
- To view transaction details, touch a transaction.
- From the Details screen, view merchant specific details such as phone number, map location and website.
- Touch the clock icon to view a history of your transactions across all your accounts at that particular merchant location.
- To add a tag to a transaction, touch the tag icon from the Details screen.
- Type the name of the tag or choose from a previously created tag.
- Touch "Save".
- To filter your view by account or tag, select the filter menu from the Transactions screen and select which account and which tag(s) you would like to view.
- To quickly search for a particular transaction or set of transactions, use the search bar at the top of your list of transactions.
- Type what you are looking for and click "Search".
- To clear the search field, touch "Cancel".
Contact, Locations & Settings
- To view contact information or to find a branch/ATM near your current location, touch the "Contact and Locations" tab.
- From the Contact and Locations screen, touch the "Find your nearest branch and ATM locations" area.
- The app will pinpoint your location and show branch/ATMs closest to your current location.
- Touch a branch/ATM to bring up the address.
- Touch the blue "more info" arrow and receive the option of viewing the location in your phone's native map application.
- From your phone's native map application, you can receive driving directions.
- To view app settings, touch the "More" button.
- Touch "Settings".
- In Settings you can change the passcode, choose which accounts to show in the accounts area, remove data from the device, change your email address or read through the End User Agreement.